another lovely weekend

After returning from a most relaxing weekend in Russian River, it's back to the grind. Well, actually it's not. I never thought that I could possibly feel anxious about a lack of responsibilities but apparently I can (bossy, Type A anyone?). Am I just becoming a more anxious person? Is that what happens as we get older? Is this part of the peculiar phenomenon: Saturn Returning? Seems a bit harsh and unnecessary - definitely something to keep one's eye on.

Regardless, the river valley was delightful; we spent lots of time eating, reading and relaxing with our friends Palav and Sanjay. Palav is an adventurous soul and brings out the best in me. She swam to a neighboring beach with me and enjoyed the rope swing as well (although she decided not to take the plunge which was probably smart. the boys sitting on the shore ribbed us and said they had been watching previous jumpers fall short into shallow water due to not being able to hang on long enough to fall into deeper areas. I of course took this as a personal challenge, held on for dear life, landed deep and have the rope burns to prove it).

We got our friends hooked on True Blood, I got to wear my new super cute bathing suit and we visited a winery that Cynthia and I have somehow missed on our bazillion trips to the region, Hook and Ladder, which I highly recommend. We ate an enormous picnic lunch in the sun, did a ton of giggling and a little bit of dreaming (we like to talk about the "commune"/farm we are going to have with a few other couples in our future).

We also managed to talk about the Bohemian Grove transaction nearly every day with different folks. While at the second winery we saw no less than four private jets fly over the vineyard. I won't say much except that cronyism is alive and well and adult white men in severely powerful positions need to feel like fertile blossoms just as much as the next little girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment