walking numbers

After 5.5 weeks, I'm finally starting to wish I had something to do every day. Only 1.5 weeks left before I regret this statement.


Yesterday in an effort to busy myself, I walked to Georgetown and then just kept walking. 5 hours later I was home and had walked almost 8 miles. I finally walked past the White House, enjoyed some delicious Maine Cod, consumed the best local IPA yet (Northern Lights) and was nearly hit by several cars. The bartender at the restaurant told me that one could walk over any of the bridges that connect VA to DC no problem. This is partly true. Sure there is a place for pedestrians to walk over the bridge but what he failed to mention is that once you make it to the other side, said sidewalk will abruptly end. This led me to walk along the guardrail, end up stranded in the median and finally forced me to cross 5 lanes of speeding, insane DC area traffic. It was still a beautiful, rainy day.


Views from the Roosevelt Bridge.

I came from that median.
Walked by the Iwo Jima Marine Memorial.

1 comments:

Hafsabeen said...

I found out about that lack of sidewalk thing on my excursions. Next time, i'm wearing a flashing-orange vest. Then we can walk together. :)

Post a Comment