Muay Thai

After refusing to go to muay thai class with Cyn who has been begging me for almost one solid year, I finally donned some sweaty wraps and gloves and joined her last night. The teacher is considered master status and can apparently swing moves like Sayid from LOST and break a dude's neck with his bare ankles. Terrifying, right? Wrong! His name is Kenya, he's a refugee from Cambodia, and he giggles even more than Cynthia and me put together.
I was pretty nervous before class but it turned out that there was no reason to be. The fellow boxers in attendance (I'm going to go ahead and include myself in this category from now on) seem to have also been drawn in by Kenya's jovial, but badass spirit and all appeared to emulate him. Rather odd scene really - watching some incredibly built guy kick his bare leg into a pad, creating a cracking sound that rivals the sound and jolt of a shotgun, then catches you gawking and immediately flashes all the teeth in his head as his lips part into a huge grin.

I'm very excited to join the ranks and follow suit. I'm going to buy my own wraps and gloves now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment